- Light two-stranded rope.More example sentences
- Once considered a part of everyday life by traditional sailors, authentic tarred hemp marline is now a rare product.
- Tarred marline is jute twine treated with a tarred solution for water resistance.
- One of our suppliers located the Manila rope and the tarred marline that was needed for the job.
late Middle English: from Middle Low German marling, with the ending influenced by line1.
More definitions of marlineDefinition of marline in:
- The British & World English dictionary