Definition of marmot in English:
A heavily built, gregarious, burrowing rodent of both Eurasia and North America, typically living in mountainous country.
- Genus Marmota, family Sciuridae: several species
- The Rodentia also includes beavers, muskrats, porcupines, woodchucks, chipmunks, squirrels, prairie dogs, marmots, chinchillas, voles, lemmings, and many others.
- Some of these destructive species include beavers, muskrats, elk, deer, voles, marmots, prairie dogs and geese.
- Stop along this byway to hike across broad plateaus and to admire Rocky Mountain goats, moose, black bears, grizzly bears, marmots, and mule deer.
Words that rhyme with marmotimamate
Definition of marmot in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.