- A copy of a marriage license that has been certified after a legal marriage ceremony, bearing details of names, date, etc..More example sentences
- Just for good measure, the happy pair enclosed a copy of their marriage certificate, and an affidavit from a lawyer in Canada, where they'd celebrated their wedding a few months earlier, confirming that all was legal and proper.
- To register, residents are required to show a family identity card, a birth certificate, a marriage certificate or any other document that can help prove their identity.
- And, if you are making changes, it's a good idea to take documentation with you, such as a marriage certificate or birth certificate.
More definitions of marriage certificateDefinition of marriage certificate in:
- The British & World English dictionary