- A person or thing that is supposed to bring good luck or that is used to symbolize a particular event or organization: the squadron’s mascot was a young lion cubMore example sentences
- The event, in which mascots race each other over a series of fences, has been going for three years.
- Virtually every Native American organization has condemned the use of demeaning images or mascots.
- The mascots will be teamed up with players according to their height.
late 19th century: from French mascotte, from modern Provençal mascotto, feminine diminutive of masco 'witch'.
More definitions of mascotDefinition of mascot in:
- The British & World English dictionary