Definition of masculinist in English:
1Characterized by or denoting attitudes or values held to be typical of men: masculinist language
More example sentences
- I want to resist masculinist values, not to blend in to the professions and processions of men that Virginia Woolf warns against.
- What, then, is one to think about his language, masculinist in its assumptions from beginning to end?
- Rather, a masculinist workplace culture that rewards long hours and values competitiveness, individualism and instrumentality excludes those people that want a life outside work, whatever their gender.
nounBack to top
An advocate of the rights or needs of men.
- Many masculinists feel that feminist ideology hurts not just men, but also women and children-that, for example, feminist efforts to keep fathers from children hurt children, women and men.
- The attack upon masculinists is not unique to Canada.
- The report itself seems concerned that naive journalists are being ‘fed information’ by masculinists.
Definition of masculinist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan