- 1Induce male physiological characteristics in: male sex steroids masculinize female hyenasMore example sentences
- Adkins-Regan and Wade also found that masculinized female Zebra Finches (with sex-reversed gonads) exhibit male-typical bill coloration.
- Developmentally, estrogens might be synthesized only locally in the telencephalon of male Zebra Finches to masculinize the neural circuits controlling song.
- The white male becomes masculinized through the castration or symbolic feminization of his foil, the black male.
- 1.1Cause to appear or seem masculine: (as adjective masculinized) a slightly masculinized swaggerMore example sentences
- Heavily masculinised contact sports celebrate and reinforce dominant roles of gender.
- Sport and physical activity are masculinized domains.
- With social networks largely confined to highly masculinized spaces, women had difficulty entering the industry in any capacity other than as their husbands' assistants.
- More example sentences
- If you see this, you are very likely to see change in every other aspect of masculinisation as well.
- Patients usually retain normal secondary sexual characteristics and rarely exhibit virilizing signs such as deepening of the voice, temporal balding or masculinization of body habitus.
- This androgen exposure causes partial to complete masculinization of the external genitalia in utero, and the masculinized genitalia in the newborn female typically lead to diagnosis within days of birth.
More definitions of masculinizeDefinition of masculinize in:
- The British & World English dictionary