nounNorth American • informal
- A letter that expresses infatuation with or gushing appreciation of someone.More example sentences
- Attributed to no one, the words appeared in a prominent mash note about machinery of death from the New York Times, a newspaper that's supposed to epitomize the highest journalistic standards.
- In return, users can post a brief mash note above the career numbers of their favorite player in baseball history.
- Each young man, on identical sheets of paper, sends what is in effect a mash note.
late 19th century: from slang mash 'infatuation' + note.
More definitions of mash noteDefinition of mash note in:
- The British & World English dictionary