- 1A utensil for mashing food: a potato masherMore example sentences
- Add in the crème fraîche and mash with a potato masher or a fork, until it forms a chunky purée.
- Mash with a potato masher and then transfer to a bowl.
- Remove the pan from the heat and, using a potato masher, roughly mash the contents, keeping some of the texture.
- 2North American • informal A man who makes unwelcome sexual advances, often in public places and typically to women he does not know.[late 19th century: probably a derivative of slang mash 'attract sexually', perhaps from Romany masherava 'allure']More example sentences
- Assuming it was some sort of masher, Sam whirled around, prepared to defend Gunny's honor.
- And before you think I am a perverted masher here, let me lay your fears to rest - these are NOT sexual hugs.
- But they were in an elevator full of people, and he was some sort of masher, at the very least.
More definitions of masherDefinition of masher in:
- The British & World English dictionary