Definition of masher in English:
1A utensil for mashing food: a potato masher
More example sentences
- Add in the crème fraîche and mash with a potato masher or a fork, until it forms a chunky purée.
- Mash with a potato masher and then transfer to a bowl.
- Remove the pan from the heat and, using a potato masher, roughly mash the contents, keeping some of the texture.
2North American informal A man who makes unwelcome sexual advances, often in public places and typically to women he does not know.
[late 19th century: probably a derivative of slang mash 'attract sexually', perhaps from Romany masherava 'allure']
- Assuming it was some sort of masher, Sam whirled around, prepared to defend Gunny's honor.
- And before you think I am a perverted masher here, let me lay your fears to rest - these are NOT sexual hugs.
- But they were in an elevator full of people, and he was some sort of masher, at the very least.
Definition of masher in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan