1A thing that masks or conceals something else.
- Align the tape against the edge of what you're masking, then pull the masker along the edge to unroll a perfect line of paper and masking tape.
- Most deodorants are odor maskers that cover the unpleasant odor with a more appealing one.
- On a side note, you will find vanilla extract an excellent masker of failed experimentations.
2A person taking part in a masquerade or masked ball.
- He also invited to his Edinburgh court English actors, musicians and masquers, thus creating a British court culture in Scotland; in 1603, he recreated this in England when his Scottish court poets accompanied him south.
- The central part of the masque consisted of three entries danced by the masquers to specially composed and choreographed music.
- The next day, the masquers were presented to the queen, and the Prince's reign ended.
Words that rhyme with maskerasker
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of masker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.