Definition of mason bee in English:
A solitary bee that nests in cavities within which it constructs cells of sand and other particles glued together with saliva.
- Osmia and other genera, family Apidae
- We investigated the effects of distance and flower density of two flower species on pollen collection by providing nest locations for the mason bee Osmia lignaria in natural settings.
- It's easy to make a mason bee house by drilling holes into a block of untreated wood.
- Here, beekeepers in a Herefordshire, England, orchard use smoke to subdue a hive, mostly likely a species of mason bee.
Definition of mason bee in:
- British & World English dictionary