- The difference between the mass of an isotope and its mass number.More example sentences
- Hence, the holding together of protons and neutrons in a nucleus can also be explained by the concept of binding energy and mass defect.
- The mass defect that occurs during the fission reactions of an atomic bomb explosion, however, is the product of uncontrolled chain reactions.
- Heavy hydrogen was chosen as the element first to be examined, because the diplon has a small mass defect and also because it is the simplest of all nuclear systems and its properties are as important in nuclear theory as the hydrogen atom is in atomic theory.
More definitions of mass defectDefinition of mass defect in:
- The British & World English dictionary