Definition of massasauga in English:
A small North American rattlesnake of variable color that favors damp habitats.
- Sistrurus catenatus, family Viperidae
- They may be preyed upon by larger animals, such as large owls, coyotes, or large snakes, such as eastern massasauga rattlesnakes.
- Some wildlife enthusiasts are worried about the possible disappearance of the massasauga, the only poisonous snake in the state.
- Behind glass, loll the snakes: timber rattlers, pygmy rattlers, desert massasauga rattlers, and most of the other 32 rattlesnake species known to inhabit the United States.
Mid 19th century: formed irregularly from Mississauga.
Definition of massasauga in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan