Definition of mastoid in English:
Of or relating to the mastoid process: mastoid disease
More example sentences
- The relationship between middle ear disease and mastoid development remains unclear although it is known that poor mastoid development is associated with middle ear disease.
- Cholesterol granuloma is usually associated with chronic middle ear disease and is common in the mastoid antrum and air cells of the temporal bone.
- Common to all of these patients is an abnormal connection between the sterile subarachnoid space, and the sinonasal region, middle ear cleft and mastoid cavity.
nounAnatomy Back to top
1The mastoid process.
- Longstanding cholesteatomas expand to involve the mastoid, inner ear, and facial nerve.
- They were implanted in the mastoid, frontal and maxillary regions for periods of 1 week to 2 months.
- The group of patients underwent modified radical mastoidectomy because of the presence of a sclerotic mastoid with extensive cholesteatoma.
1.1 (mastoids) [treated as singular] informal Mastoiditis.
Words that rhyme with mastoidasteroid • schizoid • factoid
Definition of mastoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.