- A conical prominence of the temporal bone behind the ear, to which neck muscles are attached, and which has air spaces linked to the middle ear.More example sentences
- The first option is a vertical incision along a line connecting the sternal-clavicular junction with the mastoid process.
- The fetal suture between the squama and the mastoid process sometimes persists in the adult.
- The tuning fork is placed against the mastoid process to measure the conduction of sound by bone.
More definitions of mastoid processDefinition of mastoid process in:
- The British & World English dictionary