- Play in golf in which the score is reckoned by counting the holes won by each side, as opposed to the number of strokes taken. Compare with stroke play.More example sentences
- By waiving them, you waive the right to keep score in stroke play and to win the hole in match play.
- This costs her the hole in match play or a two-stroke penalty in stroke play.
- The thing to know about the honor is its application in stroke play vs. match play.
More definitions of match playDefinition of match play in:
- The British & World English dictionary