- 1A person who arranges relationships and marriages between others, either informally or, in certain cultural communities, as a formal occupation.More example sentences
- Other men asked a matchmaker to arrange marriages for them.
- The marriage of her own parents were arranged through a matchmaker and they were married without even meeting each other first.
- This was still a country of matchmakers and arranged marriages, and much pressure was brought to bear.
- 1.1A person or company that brings parties together for commercial purposes.More example sentences
- The firm is a merger and acquisition matchmaker for companies with market values of $300,000 to $15 million.
- Like business brokers, the matchmakers are unregulated or, at most, loosely regulated.
- She prefers to think of herself as a piano matchmaker.
- More example sentences
- This musical matchmaking turned into an album whose songs marry indie rock, jazz, soundtrack music and Latin music.
- He explained that the enclosure was probably used as a place to meet for trading, socialising, matchmaking and weddings.
- If you are looking for an insight into all the matchmaking, misunderstandings and longing that make for a perfect love story, it can be found in the pages of Austen.