- A witness whose evidence is likely to be sufficiently important to influence the outcome of a trial.More example sentences
- Elements of both crimes are clearly demonstrated in the declarations of the material witnesses.
- A federal district court judge says the Justice Department may not jail material witnesses indefinitely.
- A person who was eyewitness to an event can be a material witness.
More definitions of material witnessDefinition of material witness in:
- The British & World English dictionary