- 1 [often as submodifier] Substantially; considerably: materially different circumstancesMore example sentences
- So you do not contend that the circumstances are materially different?
- The circumstances were not materially different from those at the time of the negative screening opinion.
- The Secretary of State considers that you have materially embellished your account, concealing material facts.
- 2In terms of wealth or material possessions: a materially and culturally rich areaMore example sentences
- He or she will hope to explore his or her full potential in every way, not only materially but also culturally, sexually and spiritually.
- Nevertheless, stringers perceive of A Team life as culturally distant and materially ideal.
- Fluctuations in the exchange rate which materially effect the value of European investments are eliminated through currency hedging.