- Military materials and equipment. Often contrasted with personnel.More example sentences
- The goal was to have medical units deploy with their required materiel and equipment.
- In each case, equipment and materiel will be pre-positioned in several places around the world.
- The air-drop equipment is intended to air drop paratroopers, materiel and cargo.
early 19th century: from French matériel, adjective (used as a noun).
More definitions of materielDefinition of materiel in:
- The British & World English dictionary