- A period of absence from work granted to a mother before and after the birth of her child: Elizabeth is now on maternity leaveMore example sentences
- The union is also seeking full salaries and benefits for female pilots who go on maternity leave, regardless of the length of their breaks.
- She returned to the track last season after a two-year maternity leave.
- The 34-year-old is currently on maternity leave after having a baby.
More definitions of maternity leaveDefinition of maternity leave in:
- The British & World English dictionary