noun[treated as singular] British • informal
- Mathematics: [as modifier]: her mother was a maths teacherMore example sentences
- He succeeded at bridge and his maths and mental arithmetic scores jumped by two years.
- He corrects some maths and mathematical terms and gets a less dramatic result.
- Of course, no class on maths and the visual arts would be complete without fractals.
early 20th century: abbreviation.
More definitions of mathsDefinition of maths in:
- The British & World English dictionary