- A small dumpling made of seasoned matzo meal bound together with egg and chicken fat, typically served in chicken soup.More example sentences
- Schmaltz redeems the matzo ball from being just another dumpling.
- Matzo ball soup fueled Hollywood's Golden Age - at the Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer commissary, they served matzo ball soup every single day.
- Besides the famous matzo ball, it can be used for crêpes, coffee cakes, blintzes, pudding cakes and torts.
More definitions of matzo ballDefinition of matzo ball in:
- The British & World English dictionary