- Of or relating to the jaws and face: maxillofacial surgeryMore example sentences
- I embarked on medical training in 1961 as a mature student with two years of general dental practice and three years of hospital oral surgery and maxillofacial trauma behind me.
- An 85 year old woman was referred to the department of maxillofacial surgery by her general dental practitioner with a three week history of sore throat.
- Plastic surgery, general surgery or maxillofacial surgery may be necessary for deep wounds or those requiring significant debridement and closure.
late 19th century: from maxillo- (combining form of Latin maxilla 'jaw') + facial.
More definitions of maxillofacialDefinition of maxillofacial in:
- The British & World English dictionary