- A Brazilian dance for couples, resembling the polka and the local tango.More example sentences
- This volume includes animal dances, the Castle Walk, a tango, the maxixe and the hesitation waltz.
- The word lambada refers to both the rhythm of the music (a fusion of carimbó and merengue) and to the dance itself, which incorporates elements of other Latin dances such as the forró, the samba and the maxixe.
- Brazil gave the world samba and bossa nova, but other musical traditions - batuque, maxixe - are less well known outside the country.
early 20th century: Portuguese.
More definitions of maxixeDefinition of maxixe in:
- The British & World English dictionary