- A thick, creamy dressing consisting of egg yolks beaten with oil and vinegar and seasoned.More example sentences
- Emulsions have been chosen because they are daily present in kitchens, being the base of many different sauces and mayonnaises, salad dressings, ice creams, shakes, etc.
- You can now squeeze your way out of the sandwich doldrums, thanks to a new crop of smear-on flavored light mayonnaises.
- Gradually add canola oil while whisking to form a thick and creamy mayonnaise.
French, probably from the feminine of mahonnais 'of or from Port Mahon', the capital of Minorca.
More definitions of mayonnaiseDefinition of mayonnaise in:
- The British & World English dictionary