An alcoholic drink of fermented honey and water.
- Almost all the tables were full with drunken commoners, washing away their troubles with ale and strong mead.
- While we partied, many men were drunk from too much ale and mead.
- Warriors with old scars and ever-honed muscles drank their mead and shared stories of their own battles.
Words that rhyme with meadaccede, bead, Bede, bleed, breed, cede, concede, creed, deed, Eid, exceed, feed, Gide, God speed, greed, he'd, heed, impede, interbreed, intercede, Jamshid, knead, lead, Mede, meed, misdeed, mislead, misread, need, plead, proceed, read, rede, reed, Reid, retrocede, screed, secede, seed, she'd, speed, stampede, steed, succeed, supersede, Swede, tweed, weak-kneed, we'd, weed
- Gone was the safe, familiar home, set amidst a tumble of rolling, well-tilled fields dotted with farm buildings, and grassy meads redolent with the scent of wildflowers.
- All the preceding afternoon and night heavy thunderstorms had hissed down upon the meads.
- Instead of brick courtyards and side-lit rooms where music is played and good housewifery rules, we have boats, meads, cows, horsemen and horsewomen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.