- 1A piece of grassland, especially one used for hay.More example sentences
- Soon they were ready to leave the meadow but they all knew something was missing.
- Of the positive environmental impacts, the most noticeable are the rich cultural biotopes, such as meadows and pastures, created by slash-and-burn cultivation.
- Here the visitor can explore 60 acres of meadows, woods and gardens, studded with a dozen pavilions designed by sculptor Erwin Heerich.
- 1.1A piece of low ground near a river.More example sentences
- The early morning mist covered the forest, as if a white cloud had landed onto the silvery-blue fir-trees and blooming meadows near the river.
- The Teshekpuk area, a network of wet meadows, river deltas, coastal lagoons and small ponds, is the prime calving grounds for a 25,000-strong caribou herd.
- They stood, looking down into the valley and the river flanked by green meadows and trees.
- More example sentences
- Low-slung and innocuous-looking, the control structures sit in the middle of a meadowy expanse, resembling modest bridges and culverts more than the crucial floodgates they are.
- Before me, the meadowy plains lay open under the restless sky.
- Get as wild as you want - from meadowy plots to dynamic gardens stocked with waterfalls, trails, and benches.