- A tall Eurasian fescue that is grown in North America as a pasture and hay grass.
More example sentences
- Festuca pratensis, family Gramineae
- After moving to their present farm in 2000 they tilled the ground and seeded it to perennial ryegrass, Alyce white clover, brome and meadow fescue, with annual ryegrass as a cover crop.
- Here, six kinds of grass pollen are used - timothy, rye, meadow fescue, velvet, orchard and Kentucky blue grasses.
- In contrast, the dominant vegetation of two sites consisted of the exotic grasses Bromus inermis Leyss. (awnless brome) and Festuca pratensis L. (meadow fescue), plus a few scattered native prairie forbs and other exotic species.