Definition of meadowlark in English:
A ground-dwelling songbird of the American blackbird family, with a brown streaky back and typically yellow and black underparts.
- Genus Sturnella, family Icteridae: five species, in particular the yellow-breasted eastern meadowlark (S. magna) and western meadowlark (S. neglecta)
- The meadowlarks and magpies would gather right outside.
- Based on the song of a meadowlark he had heard in the Dakotas, McKay wrote Song Over the Great Plains to be another nature piece.
- Western meadowlark and mink prefer narrow grass buffers.
Definition of meadowlark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan