Definition of meadowlark in English:
A ground-dwelling songbird of the American blackbird family, with a brown streaky back and typically yellow and black underparts.
- Genus Sturnella, family Icteridae: five species, in particular the yellow-breasted eastern meadowlark (S. magna) and western meadowlark (S. neglecta)
- The meadowlarks and magpies would gather right outside.
- Based on the song of a meadowlark he had heard in the Dakotas, McKay wrote Song Over the Great Plains to be another nature piece.
- Western meadowlark and mink prefer narrow grass buffers.
Words that rhyme with meadowlarkwoodlark • mudlark
Definition of meadowlark in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.