Definition of meager in English:
1(Of something provided or available) lacking in quantity or quality: they were forced to supplement their meager earnings
More example sentences
- All the same he would queue up with the other drones for hours to receive his meagre earnings.
- He had laid off some heavy bets recently and his meagre earnings as a postman would not cover them.
- Through the solid floor of the abode, the chill of winter seeped in, fettered little by the meagre warmth provided by the fire.
1.1(Of a person or animal) lean; thin.
- The gutters were choked with inedible refuse: sticks, feathers, rags, skeletons of animals that had been boiled for their meager flesh.
- We had no idea who she was, and only her meager profile gave proof that she was in fact female beneath the armor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan