- Already they knew the food for the evening meal was ready.
- You can try adding the medicine to a small amount of food and giving it to your cat before her regular meal.
- They had gotten used to fairly regular meals since moving here, and he wanted to keep it that way.
- Here, cooks will prepare a light meal of mixed salad, tinned cold fish or meat, bread and cheese and fruit.
- This includes the lecture, wine and a light meal of French bread, salami and cheese.
- My mom would enjoy cooking those favourite healthy meals of hers in it.
Old English mǣl (also in the sense 'measure', surviving in words such as piecemeal 'measure taken at one time'), of Germanic origin. The early sense of meal involved a notion of fixed time; compare with Dutch maal 'meal, (portion of) time' and German Mal 'time', Mahl 'meal', from an Indo-European root meaning 'to measure'.
meals on wheels
- Meals delivered to elderly people or invalids who are unable either to prepare meals or have meals otherwise provided.More example sentences
- They asked if I wanted someone to come, and have meals on wheels, but I'm not old.
- Now Tiger, I only have three hours until the nice woman from meals on wheels arrives.
- The examples compare corn silage to alfalfa hay, ‘normal’ silage, and corn grain plus soybean meal.
- A conventional soybean expeller saw an opportunity, became certified and started producing organic soybean meal and soy oil.
- Frequently, ground limestone is added to processed soybean meal to improve its flowability.