noun (plural same or meatuses)Anatomy
- 1.1 (also external auditory meatus) The passage leading into the ear.More example sentences
- These may extend to the nasopharynx and they commonly terminate in the area of the external auditory meatus.
- The glands that produce ear ‘wax’ or cerumen are located in the external auditory meatus.
- The apocrine sweat glands are confined to the axillae, areolae of the nipples, the anogenital area, and the external auditory meatus.
late Middle English: from Latin, 'passage', from meare 'to flow, run'.
More definitions of meatusDefinition of meatus in:
- The British & World English dictionary