Definition of mechanical engineering in English:
The branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.
- After a common first year there are three specialist routes: signal engineering, civil and track engineering and electrical and mechanical engineering.
- The result is a serious and growing shortage of skilled workers in key careers such as electronic design and mechanical engineering.
- Firstly, if you want to be involved in the design aspect of mechanical engineering then you should aim to study at a university for a degree.
- mechanical engineer
- Example sentences
- He was also considered as a hydraulic and mechanical engineer.
- The site currently employs technical and mechanical engineers, chemical analysts, laboratory technicians and support staff.
- Project managers, civil engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical engineers, railway engineers, electrical and electronic engineers and structural designers are all currently in demand.
Pronunciation: /məˈˌkanəkəl ˌenjəˈni(ə)r/noun
Definition of mechanical engineering in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.