Definition of mechanical engineering in English:
The branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.
- After a common first year there are three specialist routes: signal engineering, civil and track engineering and electrical and mechanical engineering.
- The result is a serious and growing shortage of skilled workers in key careers such as electronic design and mechanical engineering.
- Firstly, if you want to be involved in the design aspect of mechanical engineering then you should aim to study at a university for a degree.
mechanical engineer noun
- Example sentences
- He was also considered as a hydraulic and mechanical engineer.
- The site currently employs technical and mechanical engineers, chemical analysts, laboratory technicians and support staff.
- Project managers, civil engineers, quantity surveyors, mechanical engineers, railway engineers, electrical and electronic engineers and structural designers are all currently in demand.
Definition of mechanical engineering in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan