- 1Of or relating to theories that explain phenomena in purely physical or deterministic terms: a mechanistic interpretation of natureMore example sentences
- Human behavior is to be explained in terms of mechanistic causes, just as the behavior of all natural phenomena are to be explained.
- The true philosophy of Cudworth's intellectual system combines mechanistic atomism with Platonic metaphysics.
- Both sides assume an essentially deterministic, mechanistic view of nature.
- 1.1Determined by physical processes alone: he insisted that animals were entirely mechanisticMore example sentences
- They do not accept that the biological world is governed by mechanistic processes determined by laws of nature.
- I believe that physicians and patients may be responding to how mechanistic the practice of medicine has become.
More definitions of mechanisticDefinition of mechanistic in:
- The British & World English dictionary