noun (plural same or meconopses /-sēz/)
- A Eurasian poppy that is sometimes grown as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Genus Meconopsis, family Papaveraceae: several species, in particular the blue-flowered M. betonicifolia
- The natural habitat of meconopsis is somewhere up the Himalayas so they are impossible to grow down South, but here in the north of Scotland, they flourish, and this is their time.
- This year, he's bringing a particularly interesting specimen of meconopsis.
modern Latin, from Greek mēkōn 'poppy' + opsis 'appearance'.
More definitions of meconopsisDefinition of meconopsis in:
- The British & World English dictionary