(also medakafish /məˈdäkə ˌfiSH/)
- A small Japanese freshwater fish of variable color that is bred for aquariums and also extensively studied in the sciences.
More example sentences
- Oryzias latipes, family Adrianichthyidae
- Genetic linkage maps have been developed for a number of fish species, including zebra fish, medaka, catfish, rainbow trout, Atlantic salmon, and Lake Malawi cichlids.
- In the medaka, cortisol treatment increased the ability of acid-exposed fish to maintain plasma sodium levels.
- The Japanese medaka were purchased from a biological supply company.
More definitions of medakaDefinition of medaka in:
- The British & World English dictionary