Definition of medalist in English:
1An athlete or other person awarded a medal: an Olympic gold medalist
More example sentences
- Of all the athletes and gold medallists who came back from the Games, Amir has had the highest profile.
- The youngest female athletics gold medallist was also American.
- Jessica was presented with her award by Olympic gold medallist Tim Foster at a ceremony in London.
3An engraver or designer of medals.
- It was designed by a professional medalist named John Woodhouse Jnr and struck by West & Co of Belfast.
- He is a German sculptor, medallist, cabinetmaker, and designer, active in Nuremberg.
- There was a consistency in the quality of workmanship and in design that, coupled with the firm's position as royal goldsmiths, jewelers, and medalists, ensured that their position was unassailable.
Definition of medalist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.