- 1A medical practitioner or student.More example sentences
- Equally, though no-one would begrudge mature students retraining as medics, it is fanciful to suppose that they alone can make up the shortfall.
- After decades of isolation, Iraq's 32 000 doctors and medics need to update their knowledge.
- They are arresting medics and ambulance drivers, including foreign volunteer medical workers.
- 1.1US A medical corpsman who dispenses first aid at combat sites.More example sentences
- Now having done his duty on the fronts, Silverheart commits to being the world's greatest healer and combat medic.
- I'm no superwoman, just someone who can handle pain and has a couple of combat medics to keep an eye on her.
mid 17th century: from Latin medicus 'physician', from mederi 'heal'.