1A medical practitioner or student.
- Equally, though no-one would begrudge mature students retraining as medics, it is fanciful to suppose that they alone can make up the shortfall.
- After decades of isolation, Iraq's 32 000 doctors and medics need to update their knowledge.
- They are arresting medics and ambulance drivers, including foreign volunteer medical workers.
1.1US A medical corpsman who dispenses first aid at combat sites.
- Now having done his duty on the fronts, Silverheart commits to being the world's greatest healer and combat medic.
- I'm no superwoman, just someone who can handle pain and has a couple of combat medics to keep an eye on her.
Mid 17th century: from Latin medicus 'physician', from mederi 'heal'.
Words that rhyme with medicparamedic, Samoyedic
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan