Definition of medical tourism in English:
Another term for health tourism.
- We should also consider that globalization offers people ways to get health care where it is cheaper, which is already happening to some extent with the growth of medical tourism.
- The MP for Keighley and Ilkley said she had some concerns about such "medical tourism".
- My first experience of medical tourism came last year with a woman whose Polish tummy tuck, she assured me, was a third of the price quoted in Britain.
medical tourist noun
- Example sentences
- Wealthier American 'medical tourists' travel to faraway places for medical attention.
- Joan is one of a growing number of "medical tourists" who, attracted by the country's world class surgeons, spectacular tourist destinations and the favourable exchange rate, are flocking here in growing numbers for affordable operations and luxurious, post-operative holidays.
- The State's health care industry is competitive in terms of cost and quality, and is rapidly emerging as a destination for foreign medical tourists.
Definition of medical tourism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan