- An antimalarial drug consisting of a fluorinated derivative of quinoline.More example sentences
- Quinine formed the basis for synthesising the commonly used antimalarial drugs, chloroquine and mefloquine.
- There has been a lot of media attention on the side-effects of the drug mefloquine (Lariam).
- So we combine it with established treatments such as chloroquine, mefloquine and the like.
1970s: from me(thyl) + fl(uor)o + quin(olin)e.
More definitions of mefloquineDefinition of mefloquine in:
- The British & World English dictionary