noun(usually megabucks) informal
1A million dollars.
- And most of the CEOs who had megabucks would have been in the top one-tenth of 1 percent.
- When he agreed to the merger, international oil majors were lining up to pay megabucks for participation.
- At issue is a megabuck Pentagon jet deal that could go a long way toward shoring up Boeing's bottom line.
1.1A huge sum of money: he has been earning megabucks for decades [as modifier]: megabuck salaries
More example sentences
- Stephen Franks has just mentioned, and I agree with him entirely, that we have huge documents that cost megabucks to provide - and no one reads them, and no one has much regard for them when making investment decisions.
- You're misinformed if you think teaching earns megabucks!
- Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Definition of megabuck in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.