Definition of megabuck in English:
noun(usually megabucks) informal
1A million dollars.
- And most of the CEOs who had megabucks would have been in the top one-tenth of 1 percent.
- When he agreed to the merger, international oil majors were lining up to pay megabucks for participation.
- At issue is a megabuck Pentagon jet deal that could go a long way toward shoring up Boeing's bottom line.
1.1A huge sum of money: he has been earning megabucks for decades [as modifier]: megabuck salaries
More example sentences
- Stephen Franks has just mentioned, and I agree with him entirely, that we have huge documents that cost megabucks to provide - and no one reads them, and no one has much regard for them when making investment decisions.
- You're misinformed if you think teaching earns megabucks!
- Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks?
Definition of megabuck in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan