- A unit of computing speed equal to one million floating-point operations per second.More example sentences
- The R14000 was a shrink of the 400MHz R12000 processor, which delivered two floating point operations per second or 800 megaflops of power.
- A thing that is a complete failure.More example sentences
- The story, as you'll remember from the film, revolves around a luckless Broadway producer, who ensnares Bloom into his can't-lose scheme to swell their coffers by intentionally producing a megaflop.
- Jack is trying to overcome the stigma of his megaflop movie, Last Year in Katmandu.
- Veteran film critic for The Wall Street Journal Julie Salamon presents a juicy inside look at the making of the Hollywood mega-flop Bonfire of the Vanities.
late 20th century: a pun on megaflop1.