- A very large, heavily populated city or urban complex.More example sentences
- The Harrisons argue that these strips of green would contribute to natural purification of air and water, while warding off a future in which central Holland is transformed, largely thanks to suburbanization, into a megalopolis.
- Dhaka, founded by the Mughals in 1608, is the sprawling capital city and is fast turning into a megalopolis of over nine million people.
- By the 1960s, urban sprawl had created enormous megalopolises.
mid 19th century: from megalo- 'great' + Greek polis 'city'.
More definitions of megalopolisDefinition of megalopolis in:
- The British & World English dictionary