- A unit of graphic resolution equivalent to one million or (strictly) 1,048,576 (220) pixels: [in combination]: a 3.2-megapixel cameraMore example sentences
- Typicaly, these cameras provide resolutions between 5 and 6 megapixels (million pixels).
- Camera phones have gone from 0.3 megapixels to 1 megapixel, and very soon, 2 or 3 megapixel versions.
- At the same time, digital cameras have advanced at a similar rate, going from 1 megapixels to 5 megapixels and with significantly more features and image capturing capabilities.
More definitions of megapixelDefinition of megapixel in:
- The British & World English dictionary