- The larger of the two kinds of spores produced by some ferns. Compare with microspore.More example sentences
- Both of these genera are heterosporous, meaning that each species produces two distinctly different types of spores: microspores and megaspores.
- They have male spores called microspores and female spores called megaspores.
- Their heterosporous life cycle (including both megaspores and microspores) is likely to be an adaptation to their aquatic habit.
More definitions of megasporeDefinition of megaspore in:
- The British & World English dictionary