- A unit of power equal to one million watts, especially as a measure of the output of a power station.More example sentences
- In addition to the smelter and associated carbon and casting facilities, an 800 megawatt gas-fired power station also would be built at the same site.
- It is said that wind power can't work because wind turbines produce only half a megawatt or one megawatt, and what we need is a 200 megawatt power station.
- Since then, energy prices have skyrocketed: a megawatt of power that cost $30 in December 1999 is worth $1500 today.
More definitions of megawattDefinition of megawatt in:
- The British & World English dictionary