Definition of melanoid in English:
- Characteristic red reverse pigment, although often discoloured by the presence of the diffusible melanoid pigment is also produced on Lactritmel agar and other pigment stimulating media.
- Captive breeding has created several colour variants including albino, leucistic, golden-albino, olive, melanoid, melanoid-albino and pied examples.
- Although the site and process of differentiation of melanoid granules could not be determined, variously-sized melanoid clumps were detected between the spaces of the villus-like cell cords.
- In 1872, Carter further proposed the terms melanoid and ochroid in an attempt to classify the disease into 2 varieties on the basis of the black or pale-colored granules (ie, grains, sclerotia) produced by the etiologic agents.
Definition of melanoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.