Definition of melanoid in English:
- Characteristic red reverse pigment, although often discoloured by the presence of the diffusible melanoid pigment is also produced on Lactritmel agar and other pigment stimulating media.
- Captive breeding has created several colour variants including albino, leucistic, golden-albino, olive, melanoid, melanoid-albino and pied examples.
- Although the site and process of differentiation of melanoid granules could not be determined, variously-sized melanoid clumps were detected between the spaces of the villus-like cell cords.
- In 1872, Carter further proposed the terms melanoid and ochroid in an attempt to classify the disease into 2 varieties on the basis of the black or pale-colored granules (ie, grains, sclerotia) produced by the etiologic agents.
Definition of melanoid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan