- A minor scale with the sixth and seventh degrees raised when ascending and lowered when descending.More example sentences
- The opulent, yet bright orchestration and the chromatic melismata around the tritone and the melodic minor scale all point toward the composer of Schelomo.
- One of the most difficult passages for the violin in the first movement is a melodic minor one-octave scale in fingered octaves.
- His neo-classical suite, based on Early Hungarian Dances, summons up a 17th century world of stateliness and gentle formality, with the use of modes and the melodic minor giving a characteristic Hungarian twist.
More definitions of melodic minorDefinition of melodic minor in:
- The British & World English dictionary