- 1The fact of being a member of a group: I was selected for membership in the National Honor Society [as modifier]: a membership cardMore example sentences
- If you do not have the new plastic bar-coded membership card please come in and sign up.
- I'll hand in my membership card and become a monk, take the vow and never return.
- They do not carry membership cards, they have not taken any oath of allegiance.
- 1.1 [in singular] The number or body of members in a group: our membership has grown by 600,000 in the past 18 monthsMore example sentences
- These standing committees had a fluctuating membership and no subject specialism.
- Promoters were boasting a membership of more than 700 even before the concrete was dry.
- The rules and regulations of a club membership are something you are either built to fit in with or take flight from.