Worth remembering or easily remembered, especially because of being special or unusual: this victory was one of the most memorable of his career
More example sentences
- Identify colours, images, themes and a name that works for you and is easily memorable.
- This is why if something memorable happens you may remember it years down the line.
- His most memorable moment of the trek came not at the very summit, but on the way up.
unforgettable, indelible, catchy, haunting;
momentous, significant, historic, notable, noteworthy, important, consequential, remarkable, special, signal, outstanding, extraordinary, striking, vivid, arresting, impressive, distinctive, distinguished, famous, celebrated, renowned, illustrious, glorious
- Example sentences
- Advertising values memorability and pattern recognition, and those things are pleasures, but difficulty and novelty and freshness are also pleasures.
- But sensationalism is no guarantee of lasting memorability.
- Well, it's always said that one of the tests of a poet is memorability.
Late 15th century: from Latin memorabilis, from memorare 'bring to mind', from memor 'mindful'.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.